Here are CPD Central's policies relating to the collection and use of your personal information.
Your personal information is important to us
CPD Central is governed by the Privacy Act. This governs how your personal information is handled. CPD Central is committed to protecting your personal information and giving you choice in who can use your personal information and how it can be used.
Collection of personal information
We only collect personal information that is relevant and required for CPD Central, which will be collected directly when:
- You provide us with any additional information.
- We receive information through your workplace.
- You enrol.
- You undertake a CPD activity through CPD Central.
Use and disclosure of personal information
CPD Central and its related parties will not use or disclose any information about you without your consent. CPD Central may use your personal information when:
- Required by law.
- It is necessary to provide you with the service you have requested.
- To protect the rights or property of CPD central, any CPD central user, or any member of the public.
CPD Central may disclose your personal information when:
- You are transferring your records to any other provider or professional association.
- You are enrolled in a course leading to a qualification or RPL awarded by another body or institution.
- Our relationship is with your employer or the corporate client.
"Spam" (promotional email)
We will not send you "spam" (advertising information unrelated to your enquiry and/or enrolment) without first asking you whether you wish to have promotional information sent to you.
In New Zealand, CPD Central abides by the NZ 'Unsolicited Electronic Messages Act 2007', which took effect on 5 September 2007.
In Australia, CPD Central abides by the Australian 'SPAM ACT 2003'. which took effect on 12 December 2003.
Accessing your information
In New Zealand the Privacy Act sets out your rights to see and have a copy of the information that CPD Central holds about you. If you wish to exercise this right, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Similarly in Australia, the Privacy Act sets out your rights to see and have a copy of the information that CPD Central holds about you. If you wish to exercise this right, please send an email to email@example.com.
Include your name, employer, phone numbers and the details of your request. Adviserlink will provide a response within seven days.
Further information on privacy
To find out more information about your rights in relation to protecting your privacy, refer in: